Child Protection & Safeguarding
in sync has conducted its Child Protection and Safeguarding Risk Assessment in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015 to identify potential areas of harm and to implement measures to reduce the risk to children and young people that we work with. in sync has also included the risk of harm to a child in the organisations Risk Management Policy & Procedures.
For a copy of the in sync Child Protection and Safeguarding Risk Assessment click here
in sync has developed its Child Safeguarding Statement in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice. In addition to the procedures listed in the in sync risk assessment, the following procedures support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our services:
- Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against workers/volunteers by a child while availing of our service.
- Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children.
- Procedure for provision of and access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm.
- Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla.
- Procedure for maintaining a list of mandated persons.
- Procedure for appointing a relevant person.
All procedures listed are available on request as is the in sync Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. For a copy of the in sync Child Safeguarding Statement click here